Sunday, May 5, 2013

The reason for this blog...

During my Spring semester 2013 at Hunter College in NYC, I took a Women and the Media class that gave us the opportunity to come up with our own final project. After a lot of contemplating and with the help of my professor, I decided to create a blog targeted towards women of all ages. I thought it would be interesting to have a featured blog, where writers from different age groups and cultures can voice their opinion on a topic of their choice, of course with women in mind.

Women are constantly seeing signs that can make us feel as if we don't belong, aren't accepted or belittled. We are constantly criticized for our appearance and often not valued for our goals and personalities, but by our looks, as if the most important part of our life is our physical image. My goal for this blog is to create a space where all women can have a place to boost their self-esteem, accept themselves as they are and help others do the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment